A New Shapeshifting Romance from Jenny Dreadful
Description: Callista lives the life of any ordinary young woman with a lonely and unsatisfying sex life. Nothing adventurous ever happens until a furry stranger peeks through her open window. Now, everything in life changes as this horny bear won’t let Callista escape his kinky grasp. This alpha male intends to claim what’s his after finding this sexually unsatisfied girl. Will she find satisfaction?
Author’s Spotlight Interview
1. What do you feel will most likely capture your reader’s attention regarding your book?
This book is sexy, irreverent, and all kinds of kinky, but it’s also the beginning of a really great story about a really interesting, yet completely different family.
2. What other books would you compare to your own story?
Honestly, I don’t think there are many books out there exactly like mine. There are certainly some great stories out there about shape shifters and incest, but I don’t think anyone’s ever quite put it into this context, or if they have, I haven’t read it yet. I guess the closest thing would be father/daughter stories that actually involve a romantic relationship.
3. What inspired the title of your latest book?
The title is pretty simple; it’s basically a summary of what happens in the book.
4. Taken as a whole, what moral, social, or political questions does your story discuss?
The story itself is very loosely based on mythology. The gods of religions past had a tendency to be somewhat horny and incestuous, and lived by very different rules of morality than the humans who worshipped them. I just wondered what it would be like if they roamed the earth doing what they did in the old days, and how a modern person might react to that.
5. Artistically or literarily, were there any challenges creating your story’s dynamics?
I’ll confess that I struggled with the incest thing. It’s not something that interests me personally in the least, but the story just would not let go of my brain, and the more I thought about the story, the more I started to LIKE these characters. My biggest struggle is keeping them as real as possible while not holding back on depicting their alternative lifestyle.
6. How do you feel the cover highlights your story?
The story is mythological in origin, and Arkas likes to travel the human realm in the shape of a bear, so I tried to create something kind of mystical that would give a hint of what the story was about.
7. Share with us an interesting fact or moment in your book.
My favorite moment in the book is when Callista looks toward her window to see a giant bear spying on her while she masturbates. It’s just funny and a little scary. It was fun to write.
8. What is your favorite part or scene in your book?
My favorite scene takes place right after Callista opens the door and lets Arkas in.
9. What appeals to you most about writing for this genre?
I love the naughtiness of it, and I love the challenge of trying to write a romantic, sexy story about two people who’s relationship would be completely unacceptable under normal circumstances.
10. Is there a place readers can leave feedback or comments such as social media sites or email?
Feedback and comments can be sent to email@example.com