“In the dark I felt my panties sliding off my hips and down my legs…”
Vivian sets out on a week long camping trip alone with Daddy to learn the ugly truth about her childhood. Daddy seems surprisingly willing to assist her in discovering forgotten memories. Will he take advantage of her? In the process, Vivian learns she has a natural submissive personality. Only then is she ready to learn ‘why’ from Mother. Based on the true story of a father and daughters relationship.
Author’s Spotlight Interview
1. What do you feel will most likely capture your reader’s attention regarding your book?
I think the father – daughter scene is extremely noticeable to the reader. That combined with the bold titling give the cover an essence of the book.
2. What other books would you compare to your own story?
Well I’m sure others exist that are similar in nature, I don’t know of any by title. This has a strong psychological interplay between father and daughter incest and a daughter’s submissive nature. The Truth deals with the difficulties of understanding the differences between the submission of a submissive daughter and outright abuse.
3. What inspired the title of your latest book?
The title tries to capture what the main character goes through. Being a submissive daughter she’s struggle to find what’s truly at the heart of her experiences.
4. Taken as a whole, what moral, social, or political questions does your story discuss?
The driving theme throughout the entire story is the difference between sexual submission and abuse. Dealing with a submissive partner, daughter or not, often touches on the thin line between what is abusive and what is wanted or allowed by a submissive partner.
5. Artistically or literarily, were there any challenges creating your story’s dynamics?
As an author, it’s hard to ensure that what my thoughts having to deal with this topic were clearly conveyed to the reader. The book discusses a topic that’s extremely complicated and complex, and sometimes that’s hard to convey given the short length in which to do so.
6. How do you feel the cover highlights your story?
The cover shows a father and daughter in the mountains, which captures most of the book’s setting. In the story, most of the father – daughter interactions takes place outdoors with the backdrop of mountains similar to the cover image.
7. Share with us an interesting fact or moment in your book.
An interesting fact to me is the desire of incest is something that takes place throughout a family’s history. Many times, incest can be discovered throughout a family’s extended legacy, much like the process of tracking a family’s particular past by generation. Only with incest, these interactions between family members last for hundreds of years within the family’s dynamics. I think this book raises an interesting question, what if incest is something that’s passed on within our genetic makeup.
8. What is your favorite part or scene in your book?
I like the scene in the book when the daughter is in the tent and her father walks in.
9. What appeals to you most about writing for this genre?
What appeals to me most is that writing for this genre really upsets bible thumping religious people.
10. Is there a place readers can leave feedback or comments such as social media sites or email?
Readers can always email me directly at any Lot’s Cave contact point.